"Welcome to 6th grade science at Pine Hollow Middle! I am very excited to start a great year with each and every one of you. Because we are in a science “lab,” there are some very specific expectations and procedures that we need to follow to ensure a safe, fun year!
- Respect yourself, others, and property.
- Be prepared; bring all necessary materials to class every day.
- Please wait in line by the door until I ask you to come into the classroom, and wait until I dismiss you to gather your things to leave.
- Actively listen and follow directions.
- Raise your hand when you would like to speak or leave the room.
Students are expected to follow the Wake County public school handbook as well as Pine Hollow Middle School’s policies.
1st Violation: Check (Warning)
2nd Violation: Five Questions Discussion
3rd Violation: "Behave Out" form in class and Parent Contact
4th Violation: "Behave Out" form in buddy class, Silent Lunch and Parent Contact
5th Violation: In-class suspension
6th Violation: Referral to administration, possible ISS
50% Major Assessments- Tests, Projects
40% Minor Assessments- Class work, quizzes, etc
*If no graded homework is given, Major and Minor assessments will be split 50/50.
Below 60 F
1. Line up outside my door by the wall in the hallway. Wait for the signal from me or the student of the week to enter.
2. Enter the room quietly, single file and find your seat. Sharpen pencils before class begins.
3. Be in your seat with required materials, read board, copy homework/announcements in agenda.
4. In your Science Notebook, copy the date, bell ringer question, and answer. [This will be checked at random.]
5. Continue to work on bell ringer while attendance is taken. Answer “here” or “yes” in appropriate tone.
6. If lab equipment/materials are on the tables, do not touch until given permission by instructor.
7. When working in a group, use your inside voice, listen to your peers and work together.
8. When I hold up the Time Out signal, stop what you are doing and look at/listen to me.
9. Be responsible for your own learning.
10. All materials must be brought to class. You will not be allowed to go to your locker for forgotten materials. (agenda, pencils, Science Notebook, etc).
11. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to find out what you missed and make it up in the appropriate amount of time. Check the Make-Up Folder for missed work and ask a classmate for missed Bell Ringers and Notes. Then see me with any further questions or explanations.
12. Graded work will be returned to you and collected after you review as part of your learning data. It is your responsibility to keep up with your grades. Check Power Schools weekly and ask questions if you are unsure.
13. Written homework is seldom given and due the next day unless otherwise noted. However, you should review class notes for a few minutes each night.
14. At the end of class, I will dismiss you by tables or groups that have met the above expectations and are ready. The bell does not dismiss you, as we may still need time to clean up after projects, etc.
15. If you finish your work early, study your class notes, work on homework, or read silently.