We received our first weekly homework assignment today. Just like in math and ELA, students will now have a weekly homework assignment for me that will be due every Friday. This week, we are reading an article about Electromagnetic Waves. By Friday, your child should have the following items complete:
1. Read & underline the entire article, then circle/box/highlight vocabulary words (20pts)
2. Complete the WORD grid boxes (20pts)
3. List the 5 Most Important Words & define them (20pts)
4. List the 5 Most Important Facts/Ideas in complete sentences (20pts)
5. Write a 2-paragraph summary of the article using at least two of the Important Words & Facts (20pts)
Extra help is available every Tuesday from 3:30-4:30. Please remember that you MUST fill out a permission form (below) and turn it in the day before in order to attend.
For some of our projects this year, I will be asking for parent volunteers. If you already know that you would like to volunteer in the future, please contact me. Otherwise, the need for parent volunteers will be included in the weekly update. Thank you! :)