Interims will go home Wednesday this week. Please be sure to sign and send back ASAP. If you would like to have a conference, please make sure that you e-mail one of the core teachers or send a note to the homeroom teacher on the interim. We will try to schedule your conference ASAP, but there may be a slight delay as we already had a pretty full schedule and are now behind due to the snow days.
As far as science class goes, here are some questions that we are going over in class this week that you can ask your child to see what we have been learning...
1. What factors determine the kind of soil that will form in an area?
2. How are different organisms important for our soil?
3. What three factors determine the rate of weathering?
4. If you had to choose one of the four world areas to start a farm, where would it be and why?
5. What are the soil horizons? Give a brief description of each.
6. What are the different properties of soil? Explain each.
7. What are the two main types of weathering? Give examples of each.
Extra help is available every Tuesday from 3:30-4:30. Please remember that you MUST fill out a permission form (below) and turn it in the day before in order to attend.
For some of our projects this year, I will be asking for parent volunteers. If you already know that you would like to volunteer in the future, please contact me. Otherwise, the need for parent volunteers will be included in the weekly update. Thank you! :)